Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Eggs Anyone?

I know Easter was a while ago, I was feeling a little sick so I procrastinated on blogging. But I do want to share some of our Easter with you. Shane had pre-boiled about 3 dozen eggs, we spent a while coloring them with the kids. Than about a week using all of them. Next year 1 dozen will be our limit.


Than we had our traditional Easter egg hunt (I think we got it from Jenny) We have 15 plastic eggs numbered 1-15 and they each have a small symbol of Easter in them with a scripture to read and an explanation of how that item relates to Easter. The kids love to look in their baskets as we call out the numbers to see what's inside. It is so much fun now that they are older and understand more.


5 comments:

Cher said...

3 dozen is a TON of eggs! Did you find them all? Looks like fun. What kind of coloring stuff did you use? I like the little dye holders

Jo said...

How did those dye holders work? I just picked some up in the clearance for next year. I'm guessing no matter how you do it, it's messy :) Looks like fun!

MIA said...

Cute and fun!!! So glad you had a great Easer! We had a primary activity for the kids in our ward and used the same concept of having symbols of Christ in each egg. It was a really neat idea and the kids loved it.

Our Household said...

I used water, vinegar, and food coloring. The dye holders worked great I was worried at first that the kids might put a little to much pressure on the sides but we actually had no spills it was awesome.

Jen said...

That's funny, we did about 3 dozen and it wasn't nearly enough. We ate them all in 2 days. Next year, we're doubling it. My favortie Easter memory from growing up is always eating potato salad with colored eggs in it, from where the dye seeped into the white.